Dear Friends who love Israel and pray:
5084, we were cautioned, would be a year of shock and amazement. This is an Israeli reality as of last Shabbat Oct 7th, when Israel was attacked and the south was overrun from 6:30 a.m. onwards. 1,300 Israelis were confirmed slaughtered. Hamas is trying now to distance itself from atrocities being discovered by soldiers in the south. This slaughter hearkens back to the Holocaust.
“Greater love has no man, than he lay down his life for his friends.”John 15:13
“These are the days of depravity by Hamas against Israeli civilians in the most unimaginable way.”Anthony Blinken USA Secretary of State, USA
For any Israeli, it is a time of emotional whiplash. One minute we are praying and beseeching heaven, the next we are crying anxiously, feeling alone. We struggle to rest, then fall into an exhausted sleep. Yes, we continue praising through our tears, not speaking of the tragedies, and working to encourage family and friends on the ground in Israel. We all work to harness our anger and outrage. We Israelis are working overtime to help out and succor others in any way possible. David, our eldest said, “It’s harder to be out of Israel at this time.” I have to agree because Israel is one big family and I am an Israeli mother and grandmother.
Of course, you have heard of the atrocities committed in South Israel on Oct 7th, a Shabbat. Elderly down to babies were shot or murdered, many in their beds. 1,300 souls – the worst since the Holocaust. The ongoing Hamas onslaught continues to be felt all across Israel. Hamas missiles continue to land across Israel’s North, Central, South and Jerusalem. With the Israeli bombing campaign in Gaza, and a ground offensive, we pray for innocent Palestinians of course.
I write now as a mother. Last night, the distress of our children and grandchildren in Jerusalem shook us all. It is a fight for survival. I heard my children lament as never before. A few comment over the phone:
- We are doing all we can to help out in any way.
- Gazan civilians are used by Hamas, as human shields, cannon fodder, nothing more! Israel is telling them to flee south. The USA is asking Egypt to open the Egyptian-Gaza border. Hamas has sealed it.
- “I feel like I missed the boat, not selling our house when we had a chance. We could be living a new life … but now we are caught. We can’t even get out of the country!”
- “I don’t know whether to keep the door to our building locked, so that no terrorists can enter … but we are still running to the bomb shelter!”
- “Today in Tel Aviv, my brother and his family ran to the shelter 5 times.”
- “I am now afraid to walk in our streets …”
- “Promise, that you will take us out, if it comes to that …” As a mother, of course I promised!
Facts on the Ground:
- Between 130 – 150 hostages were dragged into Gaza. Among them many Internationals, elderly, pregnant women, teens and babies… Children have been driven through the streets of Gaza, only to be bitten. A little boy is being whipped by another Gazan child. All mean to break the hearts of Israelis by Hamas.
- Every family is affected. In my son’s apartment building, one gentleman is sitting Sheva for a son killed. Across the street, the green grocer lost his son. Our Israeli grandson 23 years, has four missing friends, either dead or taken hostage. But they don’t sit around and moan, they are all helping out in some way and funds are coming in from local Israeli people to support the suffering.
- I spoke with senior Israeli family tonight, both former IDF officers in the 60’s. They both feel ‘scared’ for the first time ever in Israel.
- Israelis have been ordered to carry fire arms at ALL times. The days are perilous. No one can be trusted. From mosques all over Israel, the I-mans have instructed all Muslims to attack their local Jews.
- Hamas missiles are now hitting Jerusalem and hit a mosque in the village just 4 minutes down the road from where we lived.
- Irene, my friend in Galilee called with an update on Hizbullah missiles shot into Israel from the Lebanese border. Six Israelis have been killed.. She lives in a wooden house and has no bomb shelter, only a wooden stair case to run to.
How we Rawlings outside of Israel help in a way we are able. Our 2nd son Chris has resurrected the Israel Vision Website. He has established a GoFundMe -account to assist broken Israeli families. David is on the ground in Jerusalem making video clips in Jerusalem. Here’s the first:
So far, I have $330 collected for Israeli families. Thank you.
Stay Informed and Inform your local media. Beware of fake news. I have heard some prophecies that are just ridiculous. Be very discerning. Sorry to say, Christians are mostly uninformed.
- Choose your news sources wisely: Israeli Channels 11, 12, i24 News, and Y-net directly from Jerusalem are good.
- The call-up to defend Israel was an astounding 150%.
- The war is quickly moving into far-reaching international proportions with Iran, USA, and Russia. Israel is becoming more compromised every day. PRAY for survival.
Here is a meditation that you can read in prayer on behalf of Israel:
“Be not far from me, for trouble is near. Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart all day long? Do not hide Your face from me, do not turn Your servant away in anger. You have been my help. Do not abandon me. The Lord is near all who call upon Him in truth. Do not turn your servant away in anger. You have been my help, do not abandon me or forsake me, O God on my salvation.”
“He will call upon Me and I will answer him. I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you. I am with you always even unto the end of the age.”
“My soul waits in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.”
Beseeching you to pray for Israelis daily.
Shalom, Shalom, Meridel Rawlings
Share my website with your prayer groups and friends.
David, our eldest son and his family live in the heart of Jerusalem, and enclosed are some short reports: